Reading and Writing Connection: An excellent family connection… choosing someone to write a letter to (a keepsake moment)!
- Paper (personal journal or theme book); sharpened pencils with erasers; crayons and colored pencils.
- Each family member has chosen a book to write about (help the littles by drawing the story caterpillar then let them tell you the information from their book).
- Draw names for the “who” their letter will be written to.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes and begin their letter. *Whole group for the first time is encouraged. As everyone is writing, ask someone to look at the letter formation above and call out what to write:
- Todays: date... Dear____… My book is about… First… Then… Finally (if they haven’t finished the book ask them to write what they think will happen next)… My favorite part was when… closing.
- Those that get done early… ask them to illustrate a scene from their book.