Family meals… Family Learning… Family Sharing… Family Growing… Blessings!
- Share the image from above (use your cell phone before everyone is sitting at the table). Discuss what they noticed in the picture.
- Around the table today ask each person why “God’s Word” matters at meal time? If our actions speak louder than words… then what does our family meal time say about us and our respect towards others? *Have your Bible or a child’s devotional at the table.
- Next discuss a bible quote, passage, or devotion. *Let everyone share without interruptions, explain that listeners respect those sharing by making eye contact!
- Finally, discuss what “meal time changer” should you practice for this week. *Let everyone choose one changer option. Remind them to be respectful listeners. Family vote: go around the table and vote for this week’s meal time changer.
- Closure: Take this opportunity to hold hands and ask someone to lead a prayer asking our Lord for His strength while the family practices this new changer.
“Building character… is a seed that will grow… into a beautiful representation of… Whose we are.”