- Today’s kitchen math discussion: “What do you notice?”
- Next Inquiry: “What don’t they know?”
- Investigation: *materials: paper/pencils or family learning journals (back of journal)
- Inquire: “How would you count the peaches?” “How could you estimate a total number?” “What if these containers had a certain liquid volume per peaches, how could you discover that information?” *Let them have 5-6 minutes to draw their thoughts (without talking). When they are finished, have them share how they came to their conclusions.
- Kitchen Lab: Discuss: “What type of kitchen lab work could we investigate that would support or disprove our reasoning? *invite them to investigate their solutions: “Let’s investigate!” *ex: canned peaches
*Permission was given for use of photo during 2020 Make Math Moments Summit by Jonathon Orr