- Today’s kitchen math discussion: “What do you notice?”
- Next Inquiry: “What don’t you know?”
- Investigation: *materials: paper/pencils or family learning journals (back of journal)
- Inquire: “How would you….?” “What if you…?” “What if there was…?” *Let them have 5-6 minutes to draw their thoughts (without talking). When they are finished, have them share how they came to their conclusions.
- Inquire: “What other math functions would you use fractions as a measuring tool?
- Kitchen Lab: Discuss: “What type of cookies should we bake to discover if our reasoning is accurate? *invite them to investigate their solutions: “Let’s investigate!”
*Permission was given for use of photo during 2020 Make Math Moments Summit by Alice Aspinall