Family meals… Family Learning… Family Sharing… Family Growing… Blessings!
- Around the table today ask each person why a thankful heart matters? If our actions speak louder than words… then what would our wake-up and bedtime prayers say about us and our compassion towards others?
- Then discuss the thanksgiving prayer on the slide above. *Let everyone share without interruptions, explain that listeners respect those sharing by making eye contact!
- Next, invite each family member to open their family learning journals to the next available page and date it. Guided inquiry: Re-read the thanksgiving prayer sample. Invite them to draft a Thanksgiving prayer that they would like to share with our Lord for this week’s strength changer. Encourage them to illustrate their version of what they are thankful for.
- Finally, share everyone’s personalized Thanksgiving prayer.
- Closure: Take this opportunity to hold hands and ask someone to lead a prayer asking our Lord for His strength while we practice these new thanksgiving prayers.