One Night a Week… One Family… One Read Aloud… Priceless!
- Today’s reading investigation: Family Christmas Baking story.
- Family Sharing: Read the adlib from the slide above. *Invite a family member to be today’s scribe. As a family, re-read the adlib as a round-robin event, encourage everyone to help in the writing of this story.
- Materials: family learning journals/paper, pencils, colored pencils, and/or crayons
- Remind them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill.
- Guided enquiry: Once your Family Christmas Baking story is complete, guide your older learners to re-write the story in their journals (encourage holiday illustrations/doodles). Invite your youngest learners to illustrate a picture for the story, then invite someone to help them write one or two sentences retelling the story.
- Next: Allow everyone 15-30 minutes to put their thoughts on paper.
- Skill Discussion: “Let’s share what you’ve penned!” Encourage everyone to share… including your youngest.