One Night a Week… One Family… One Read Aloud… Priceless!
- Making the family connection: Discuss: “What do you know about airplanes?”
- Materials: family learning journals/paper, pencils, colored pencils, and/or crayons
- Remind: them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill.
- Today’s literary connection: Taking Flight… Guided enquiry: “Today’s literary connection is all about “taking flight,” what you know, what you wonder, and what you learn.“
- Next: Invite them to draft their thoughts about all three of these “taking flight” topics. Older learners can draft a K-W-L chart, while your younger learners can illustrate a picture for each of the three topics and then dictate their thoughts to a family scribe.