One Night a Week… One Family… One Read Aloud… Priceless!
- Making the family connection: Discuss: “What do you notice about these phrases/sayings?”
- Materials: family learning journals/paper, pencils, colored pencils, and/or crayons
- Remind them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill.
- Today’s literary connection: Drafting silly memes/sayings. Guided enquiry: “For today’s drafting, choose your favorite 3 memes/sayings from the slide above and re-draft them in your journal.” Encourage them to add a silly sketch for each meme/saying. Your youngest learners can illustrate first while they wait on today’s scribe to help them write the meme/saying.
- Next: Invite them to think of an animal not on the list, encourage them to draft their own silly meme/saying. Remind them to sketch their animal!