One Night a Week… One Family… One Read Aloud… Priceless!
- Making the family connection: Discuss: “What do you know about a sunflower’s life cycle?”
- Materials: family learning journals/paper, pencils, colored pencils, and/or crayons
- Remind them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill. Use the slide below to set up your page for journaling your “take-away” entries. *Use only one box with the label of Sunflower Facts. The bullets will be used for the facts from the video.
- Today’s literary connection: Sunflower facts. Guided enquiry: Take notes while watching the video above. These notes are your personal “take away” discoveries. Simply pause the video, write the fact in your journal, and then un-pause the video for your next interesting fact.
- Next: Re-create the diagram of the sunflower from the slide above.
- Finally: Share and discuss your discoveries. Discuss planting and growing a few sunflowers in your family garden this summer.