One Night a Week… One Family… One Read Aloud… Priceless!
- Making the family connection: Discuss: “What do you notice… what do you wonder?”
- Materials: family learning journals/paper, pencils, colored pencils, and/or crayons
- Remind them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill.
- Today’s literary connection: Caves of crystals. Guided enquiry: Invite all learners to draft a “bulleted” list about caves and/or crystal gems that they would like to learn more about. Encourage them to draft 2-3 “I Wonders” that could help them during further investigations.
- Next: Invite all learners to watch the video below. Encourage them to take notes and to listen for insights that “speak-to” their bulleted list and/or “I-Wonders.” *Don’t forget to pause the video and rewind as necessary. Enjoy your discoveries…