One Night a Week… One Family… One Read Aloud… Priceless!
- Making the family connection: Discuss: “What is the slide above showing us about going on a nature walk?”
- Materials: family learning journals/paper, pencils, colored pencils, and/or crayons
- Remind: them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill.
- Today’s literary connection: Nature Walk Journaling subject. Guided enquiry: “Pre-planning today’s nature walk, what will you choose to do with your journal?”
- Next: *Encourage them to discuss what they should take with them (journal, sharpened pencils/colored pencils, an investigating “spy” glass, a specimen collection bag, etc.).
- Finally: *Once the nature walk is completed. Begin creating sketches, leaf rubbings, and investigating items from their collection bags.