One Night a Week… One Family… One Read Aloud… Priceless!
- Making the family connection: Discuss: “Summertime is a great opportunity to write silly family stories!”
- Materials: family learning journals/paper, pencils, colored pencils, and/or crayons
- Remind them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill.
- Today’s literary connection: Word play. Guided enquiry: Invite someone to be the family scribe. Read the adlibs from above and let everyone take turns filling in the missing parts of speech.
- Next: Once you have a list of words, invite the scribe to re-read the family’s summertime adlib.