- Putting Your Thoughts on Paper: “What do you notice about random acts of kindness?”
- Gathering materials: family learning journals, pencils, colored pencils, crayons
- Remind them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill.
- Reading and Writing Connection: Choose an act of kindness and write a summertime poem about the kindness. Create a character, label the random act of kindness, and then add a description about the joy the act of kindness created in their hearts.
- Drafting responses: Allow each family member to write their thoughts (10 min). Encourage the youngest members to draw their thoughts and assign someone to be their scribe.
- Finally: Discuss: Let each family member share their “Summertime act of Kindness” creation. Remind them that respectful listeners make eye contact with the person sharing without interrupting.
Published by Bkd4success
Inspired Learning: Booked for Success wants to spread our message of hope and compassion. We believe that a single action can make a difference in the lives of our learners, in our community, and that our collective action can greatly impact the future for every learner. Through advocacy, individualized support, and educational activities, our team works tirelessly each day to contribute their part to the successful partnership with our parents/guardians.
View more posts