One Night a Week… One Family… One Read Aloud… Priceless!
- Making the family connection: Discuss: “What do you know, what is new information about Independence Day?”
- Materials: family learning journals/paper, pencils, colored pencils, and/or crayons
- Remind them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill.
- Today’s literary connection: Independence Day. Guided enquiry: If you wanted to become a U.S. Citizen, you would be learning about our Declaration of Independence; our Constitution; our Bill of Rights; and the Federalist papers. Take some time to discuss these documents, as well as why these documents are essential to everyone’s freedom.
- Next: As a family, investigate these documents: https://www.congress.gov/founding-documents
- Then: Let each learner discover government terms using the Ben’s Guide link
- Finally: One of the newest “homeschool” sites for young learners is the Little Patriots website, follow this link to learn more. PragerU is a learning site that has so many excellent historical learning videos for all ages, link.