Family meals… Family Learning… Family Sharing… Family Growing… Blessings!
- Around the table today ask each person “Why would knowing how to set a table matter?” If our actions speak louder than words… then “What does setting a table say about us and our respect towards others?“
- Next discuss “Which meal events would you need to know how to set a “formal” dinner table?” Enjoy sharing about a meal experience in which you didn’t know which fork or plate to use. What did you learn and how did you feel? *Let everyone share without interruptions, explain that listeners respect those sharing by making eye contact!
- **You can always switch out the discussion and be creative… let everyone draw a brief sketch of the above slide (without words) for about 5-6 minutes.
- Finally, discuss “Which family night this week should we set a “formal” table?” Discuss the meal. *Let everyone choose their “formal dinner” changer (who will be in charge of preparing the table, what should everyone wear to the dinner, will there be flowers or candlelight, etc.).
- Closure: Take this opportunity to hold hands and ask someone to lead a prayer asking our Lord for His strength while we practice these new manners.