One Night a Week… One Family… One Read Aloud… Priceless!
- Today’s reading investigation: Family Christmas Tree Adventure
- Family Sharing: “ What do we need know before we begin drafting our family adventure?” *Invite everyone to share. Discuss a word collection list for which words are missing.
- Materials: family learning journals/paper, pencils, colored pencils, and/or crayons. Remind them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill.
- Guided enquiry: Invite someone to draft your family Christmas tree adventure. *Read aloud the story… stop and add the missing words/phrases… do an “around the table” word choice for each of the blanks.
- Skill Discussion: “Let’s share what we’ve penned!” Encourage everyone to share… including your youngest.
- Discussion Wrap-Up: “Should we draft another family version or would you like to draft and illustrate your own version.”