Family meals… Family Learning… Family Sharing… Family Growing… Blessings!
- Around the table today ask each person why manners matter? If our actions speak louder than words… then what do our manners say about us and our respect towards others?
- Next discuss Matt 19:26. Guide today’s reflection, “Which manners do each of use on a daily basis?”; “Which manners needs more practice in our daily activities?” *Let everyone share without interruptions, explain that listeners respect those sharing by making eye contact!
- Then discuss the Bear Family’s Politeness Plan. Guide the discussion about each consequence on the plan. Ask: “Which consequence could our family adopt if someone has not been polite in our family or with others?”
- Next: Guide a discussion about the image “Taste Your Words,“ what do these words mean?
- Check what God’s Word says about our tongue: Proverbs 10:11 “The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life…” and “Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.” James 1:19b
- Finally, share which “manners” they would like to work on this week. *Let everyone choose their Manner changer.
- Closure: Take this opportunity to hold hands and ask someone to lead a prayer asking our Lord for His strength: Lord, help us learn to keep our mouths under control so we’ll use them to say kind things instead of mean things.