Family meals… Family Learning… Family Sharing… Family Growing… Blessings!
- Around the table today ask each person why compassion matters? If our actions speak louder than words… then what do our compassionate traits say about us and our respect towards others?
- Next discuss the slide above. *Let everyone share without interruptions, explain that listeners respect those sharing by making eye contact!
- Finally, parents share some of your compassionate experiences. *Let everyone choose their compassion changer.
- Closure: Take this opportunity to hold hands and ask someone to lead a prayer asking our Lord for His strength while we practice these new compassionate changers.
- **You can always switch out the discussion and be creative… let everyone draw a brief sketch (without words) for about 5 minutes. Then each family member can show (without telling which “..” was/wasn’t being …), while others guess the situation. [Game: Draw my Thoughts, Picture This, Pictionary, or Quick Draw]