One Night a Week… One Family… One Read Aloud… Priceless!
- Making the family connection: Discuss: “What do you notice about these maps?”; “What new information can you gather about the life of Jesus and His crucifixion?”
- Materials: family learning journals/paper, pencils, colored pencils, and/or crayons
- Remind them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill.
- Today’s literary connection: How maps from any generation tells us the about the region, the skills of the people, the locations of important buildings, as well as being a window into the people who lived before us. Guided enquiry: “As you read God’s word about the life and times of His only begotten Son, ponder the new connections you have made from these maps.”
- Next: Invite your learners to open their journals and re-create their version of the locations of Israel in the time of Jesus.