One Night a Week… One Family… One Read Aloud… Priceless!
- Making the family connection: Discuss: “Book comparisons, what can you learn?”
- Materials: family learning journals/paper, pencils, colored pencils, and/or crayons. Remind them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill.
- Today’s literary connection: Pets or Wild Animals. Guided enquiry: Today’s reading will be comparing a fictional book about a pet vs. a non-fiction book about a wild animal.
- Next: After reading the books on EPIC, use the slide below to draft the two columns. Then fill in the wild vs. tame comparisons.
- Finally, guide them as they recall and add their reading insights from the EPIC books.