One Night a Week… One Family… One Read Aloud… Priceless!
- Making the family connection: Discuss the slide above.
- Materials: family learning journals/paper, pencils, colored pencils, and/or crayons. Remind them to open their journals to the next available page and date it. Don’t forget to have them label the top of the page with today’s learning topic/skill.
- Today’s literary connection: Spaceship designing. Guided enquiry: “If you were asked to design a spaceship for your future traveling to Mars, what would it look like?; What would you need to know?; What might you need to take along?”
- Next: Guide them in the creation of their spaceship design.
- Extension: Invite everyone to take a look at some of the spaceship designs by other learners. *Use the link below the dare to invent banner.