Family meals… Family Learning… Family Sharing… Family Growing… Blessings!
- Around the table today ask each person why we need to be aware of God’s daily blessings. If our actions speak louder than words… then what does a grateful heart say about us and our respect towards others?
- Next read and discuss the slide above. *Let everyone share without interruptions, explain that listeners respect those sharing by making eye contact!
- Finally, share “Is there someone on the list that you could pray for this week?”; “Who could you write a ‘thankful for…’ letter to?“.
- Next, discuss which “heart” changer could the family practice each day this week? *Let everyone choose their daily changer (a thankful moment, a happy memory; a knowing that they saw God’s hand at work; a recognition of a hunger fulfilled; or a moment to praise for a healing moment).
- Closure: Take this opportunity to hold hands and ask someone to lead a prayer asking our Lord for His strength while we practice these new thanksgiving moments.